John V. Rose
Cell: (865) 310-2766
Prefers email over phone
First five bands to register receive $500.00 if registered by April 1, 2016. After those five bands, the next four bands get $250.00 if registered by May 1st, 2016. To be eligible for travel assistance, bands must participate with a full roster in both massed band events on Saturday.
We will pay very well for those bands for will play on Sunday from 10:30 AM until 4:00 PM. All that is required is a full competition band to play. Please contact me if your band wants to make extra money.
$75 per band - online registration and payment must be received before May 2, 2017
Entries after May 2nd may not be accepted. Make checks payable to: SMSFG (Smoky Mountain Scottish Festival and Games).
Please read Band Competition Rules listed below before completing this form.
1. All events shall be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA).
2. Music selection will be based on the current EUSPBA rules on the Day of Play.
3. Order of play for all Band events will be pre-drawn and sent via email.
4. Each band must have a representative present at the Pipe Band meeting to be held at 10:00am at the Piping/Drumming registration tent.
5. All bands must participate in both massed band events on Saturday in order to receive any travel awards.
6. All trophies shall be awarded at the final massed band on Saturday. All winners shall be attired in appropriate highland dress in order to receive awards.
7. No medals may be worn during any competition or mass bands.
8. A complete roster of anticipated band members who will be competing or in Mass Bands Ceremonies MUST be included to be eligible for gate tickets. All tickets will be available at will call.
9. Decisions by the Directors, Judges, Stewards, and Monitors are final.
10. Competition is subject to delay or complete cancellation due to weather on the day of the event.
*Smoky Mountain Festival and Games reserves the right to limit entries in any event based on available time to complete the event. Any band that is disallowed shall be notified no later than 3 weeks before the event, or at the earliest opportunity.
Games Headquarters Host Hotel
Hilton Knoxville Airport
2001 Alcoa Highway, Alcoa, Tennessee 37701-3163
The participant(s) recognize(s) that participation in the Smoky Mountain Scottish Festival and Games (Games) involves a risk physical injury including that caused by the negligence of the Participant(s), City of Maryville, Maryville College, Blount County or the Games. By signing herein, the Participant(s) voluntarily releases., waives and relinquishes any and current or future claims against the Games, the City of Maryville, Blount County or Maryville College for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to the Participant(s) arising out of participation in the Games, and agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Games, City of Maryville, Maryville College or Blount County from any claim against it for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death to the Participant(s), to the extent allowed by law.
I also permit the Games or its sponsors to use my name or photograph of me or my organization participating in the Games for future promotional or publicity purposes, without obligation or liability to me or my organization.